Thursday, November 12, 2009

In Memoriam and Things I Have Learned This Week.

Jeremiah's maternal grandmother passed away this weekend and we spent most of this week with his family in a neighboring town commemorating her life.

She was a wonderful lady and will be missed by all who know her.

There were some good things and sad things about this week and weekend and here is what I have learned from this experience.

Jeremiah's momma kicks ass. I'm glad to have her in my life and glad she's here for my daughters and for Elijah.

My dad has a lot of ties.

There are numerous ways to tie ties, all difficult.

Panty hose and tights are surely of the devil's making. Burn them all now. If no one else wears them, then I won't have to either.

Being in a funeral procession is dangerous and not for the weak of heart.

There are not many vegetarian choices at restaurants. Also if you eat fish, you obviously have to eat it overcooked, covered in butter and bread crumbs AND oddly enough, orange juice.

Jeremiah will never recieve a satisfactory hair cut EVER in his lifetime. He will also swear heavily every time he gets one.

He's also incredibly handsome and I'm constantly overcome with the urge to kiss him. Right now he's upstairs in the bathroom and out of my reach...luckily for him cause I have some super noxious coffee/morning breath right now.

It's not appropriate to take photos at funerals/viewings so in order to get some photos of you, your son and your partner all gussied up, you have to take photos in the car. Or at the reception after the burial mass.






Also, my camera insists on whiting out my face, regardless of what setting I have it on.

16 comments:

MJenks said...

The whiting comes your glowing personality.

I'm sorry to hear about Jeremiah's grandmother. I hope that everyone is doing alright.

Ms. Moon said...

Sending sympathy. But honey, I have to tell you- your husband IS really cute.

Petit fleur said...

Once again, sorry for your loss...

Also, if I may be so bold as to add that funeral processions are also not for the faint of bladder as well as the others listed.

And I think it's very sweet that J cut his hair for Grandma... my brothers did that back in the 70s when our grandma died and they all has that long crazy 70s hair. It was bitter sweet.
Much love,
pf

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Jeremiah is indeed cute as a button with is new hair cut. I want to kiss him too and I'm not even gay.

Samantha said...

So sorry about your loss of Jeremiah's grandma. You all look very pretty. That bit about taking photos made me laugh--is that terrible?

Miss Yvonne said...

Sorry about Jeremiah's Grandma.

Seriously, y'all are just adorable. A-Dorable.

diane said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, yes, it is indeed your loss too.
It's a good thing that J has a strong family surrounding him. And it's good that you've kept your sense of humor. Hugs and more hugs. xo d

Claudya Martinez said...

Considering the circumstances, you all look great. I think you keep getting younger.

Steam Me Up, Kid said...

I agree, you do look so young and clean. I mean, fresh. What's the word I'm looking for here? Luminous? Good-smelling?

I'm really sorry about Jeremiah's grandmother. That's awful, Erin. I hope everyone's doing okay over there.

Maura Kathleen said...

If memory serves me right, Grandma Kirk's funeral was at St. Gabes? I get this assumption from the last two pictures.

There once was a time when it was extremely appropriate to take pictures at a wake/funeral. I'm a firm believer in still taking pictures of such today. My family on the other hand, find my ideas morbid, while, I didn't even come up with the concept. So HA!

Madame DeFarge said...

Sorry for your loss.

His haircut doesn't look too bad. Honest. Really. And I would always tell you the truth.

John Pender said...

You look good!

Sameera said...

A full life must be celebrated. Hope you raised a toast to Jeremiah's Gran. And I hate cameras too. They never ever show me in gud light. I almost always look dark! :P

kara said...

sorry for your loss. and sorry the reception was held in what looks like a high school gymnasium. the echos must've been fierce.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

I am sorry for your loss, but damn you all look adorable. Cute family!

Anonymous said...

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss.

P.S. I love your family pics!!