A high school friend of mine posted this on Facebook and I thought it would be fun to do with my youngest three children:
Without ANY prompting, ask your child these questions and write down EXACTLY what they say. It is a great way to find out what they really think.
I got a kick out of some of their answers. Elijah doesn't like being put on the spot so he refrained from answering a lot of the questions. I came away feeling pretty good about me as a mom from their eyes. I also know now that Olivia is a jerk.
Olivia age 13
Maxine Jane age 10
Elijah age 7
1) What is something mom always says to you? –
Olivia: Clean your room.
Maxine: Stay outside until you dry off.
2) What makes mom happy? –
Maxine: Me! Playing with Blueberry.
Elijah: Being with her children.
3) What makes mom sad? –
Maxine: Liv and I fighting.
Elijah: Watching a sad Disney movie.
Olivia: When she has to work on her day off.
4) How does mommy make you laugh? –
Maxine: Making old jokes.
Olivia: You’re not funny.
5) What was your mom like when she was a child? –
Maxine: I have no idea.
6) How old is your mom? –
7) How tall is your mom? –
Maxine: 5’3”. I’m actually right? I just guessed.
8) What is her favorite thing to do? –
Maxine: Cuddle with us and with Blueberry.
Elijah: Exactly what Max said.
9) What does your mom do when you're not around? –
Maxine: Exercise, work, sleep.
Olivia: Killing her enemies.
10) If your mom becomes famous what will it be for? –
Olivia: Being the shortest woman on earth. I mean, being a famous author.
Maxine: Being a cuddle buddy.
Elijah: The woman who thinks she’s 16 because she blogs on her phone.
11) What is your mom really good at? –
Max: Making bunnies!
Olivia: Playing the ukulele.
Elijah: Drawing pictures maybe?
12) What is your mom not very good at? –
Elijah: Playing on the trampoline because it makes her dizzy.
Maxine: Playing in the water because she always has her phone on her.
Maxine: What? That’s not really nice.
Olivia: Have you ever seen her run?
13) What does your mom do for a job? –
Elijah: Work on the computer.
Olivia: Transcription and research.
14) What is your mom’s favorite food? –
Olivia: I got nothing.
Elijah: I got nothing too.
15) What makes you proud of your mom? –
Olivia: Absolutely nothing.
Maxine: That’s not funny Olivia.
Elijah: Yes, that’s not funny.
Maxine: That she works all day for us and puts up with Olivia.
Elijah: Making food for us every day. Every day breakfast, lunch and dinner.
16) If your mom were a character, who would she be? –
Maxine: The elephant from Tarzan. “Are you sure that water is sanitary? It looks questionable to me.”
Elijah: Princess Peach!
Olivia: The mom from Tangled.
Maxine: You’re a jerk Olivia.
17) What do you and your mom do together? –
Maxine: Play outside together with Blueberry and you watch TV with us and play games.
Olivia: We do memes together.
Elijah: Watch movies together.
18) How are you and your mom the same? –
Olivia: We both like music
Maxine: We both have the same hair color
Elijah: We both have hazel eyes, right?
Elijah: Ok, we both have brown hair.
Maxine: You’re copying off of me.
19) How are you and your mom different? –
Elijah: This is really confusing
Maxine: You don’t like to play in water
Elijah: You don’t like cold water.
Olivia: You play instruments and I don’t
20) How do you know your mom loves you? –
Maxine: You feed us and care for us.
Elijah: When we’re sick you care for us.
Olivia: You don’t leave us in the middle of the forest like Hansel and Gretel
21) What does your mom like most about Jeremiah? –
Olivia: His hair.
Maxine: How he is a cat lover. Can’t hug every cat.
Olivia: His sense of humor. The fact that he likes to skateboard.
Max: He likes you, that’s why. You like him because he like you.
22) Where is your mom’s favorite place to go? –
Olivia: Nowhere. She wants to stay at home.
Max: You like when we went to North Carolina on a vacation
23) How old was your mom when you were born? –
Elijah: There’s so many of us, how are we supposed to know this?
Olivia: How old are you right now?
Maxine: 24! I win!