Friday, October 30, 2009

Give Me Something Good To Eat.


Last night was trick or treat in our area. I think it's a wee bit strange, considering all Pittsburgh trick or treats are on Saturday, but oh well. Maybe we can go to two! More candy for me to pretend isn't there.

Rose and Olivia are way too cool for me and had planned to go with their daddy. When he came to pick them up Maxine showed her true colors and turned on me as well. Silly girls. They have no idea how much fun Jeremiah and I are....

So that left us alone with Elijah once again. Our little baby boy. I did snap a few photos of the turncoat Maxine Jane before she left.






As we walked around our neighborhood I was a little saddened. Last night was the first trick or treat ever that I have not been with my Momma. The first time in 28 years.

When I was a kid she would dress me up and I would always leave from her house, go around our neighborhood. If my dad was working she would walk me around, constantly reminding me, "Say thank you, Erin."

When I got older I would hand out candy with her, marveling at how much candy she gave out, how sweet she was to the littlest trick or treaters. She'd even let me harrass the kids who were way too old to be trick or treating. I would quiz them on their ages and then deny them candy. She would laugh and then give them some anyways.

When I had my own kids we would go to my mom's house and my babies would wear the costumes that myself and my siblings wore. If my dad was off, or if I had a little baby my mom and I would hand out candy together once again.

I didn't even talk to my mom last night...

OK I'm over it. More photos!


The last photo was the only one I got of my older two. Olivia was struggling to get back to her candy the whole time Jeremiah was trying to take the photo. I'm holding on to her for dear life, you can see the strain on my face. haha.

16 comments:

Alyson said...

That is THE cutest lion I have ever seen!

Dr. Monkey said...

Great costumes!

Soda and Candy said...

Adorablion!!!!

mylittlebecky said...

aaaaaw, the lion! i know owo already said it but codsarnit! that lion is adorable! as are the rest of the kiddos :)

Ms. Moon said...

Ah- you just made me happy in many ways with that story and those pictures.

Logical Libby said...

You look great!! I mean, the kids are adorable, but you look fantastic!

Oh, and in Utah, if Halloween falls on a Sunday, people trick o treat on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic costumes! They put K's wolf mask and matching hands in the shade. Have a wonderful Halloween

John Pender said...

Where's your costume?

Claudya Martinez said...

Thems some cute kids in some cute costumes.

Farnnay said...

kids in costumes are so cute :)

p.s. you should call ur mom

Miss Yvonne said...

Oh the lion costume...kill me with cuteness!

Madame DeFarge said...

Exceptionally cute. But I don't think I'd look so cute in it. Pity.

Petit fleur said...

Very sweet costumes! I love the lion prowling grass. Sccccary!

kara said...

i miss those costumes from the 80s with plastic garbage bag-type tops and scary stiff masks with dead eyes. they allowed me to be Annie for three years in a row. memories.

Alicia D said...

man, your kids are so stinkin' CUUUUUTTTE. :). those pics made me smile! :)
thanks for leaving the comment on my "planet" about recovering from yelling. i just want to know i can stop bc i hate myself for it... but i think its sounds like there is hope for me yet. :)

Sameera said...

Oh shoooo shooo shweeeeeet, Muaaaah!