Monday, October 5, 2009

Blatant Self Promotion, Dig Me. Or Die.

I've been a busy little bee. A buzzing busy bee flitting around from flowers to flower, attacking people with my disproportionate ass, making said people sad and swollen.

I made our dear dear friend Vic a custom set and a hat for her daughter. I'm assuming her daughter doesn't read my blog, otherwise I'm ruining one of her Christmas presents.

Oh well. If you're Vic's daughter and you're reading this, SURPRISE!!!

AND there is no Santa Claus.

This is their order:


Speaking of Christmas, this is a new set I made up last weekend with the holidays in mind. The luxury merino wool yarn I've been using is so freaking soft and comfy it's unbelievable.

I looked pissed in the second photo. Probably thinking 'mother frugging camera...take the damn photo already'.


These are the fingerless gloves I came up with using the luxury 100% Peruvian Wool I recently got my hands in, on. ha.
It's a much more delicate yarn than I'm used to using and I love love it. The buttons are vintage from my grandmother's incredibly large stash. I bet they were from a baby's layette...or something dreamy like that.

I can make them longer or shorter too...I just thought this was a good length for a sample.


I'm working on these darling baby girl hats with handmade posey appliques if anyone is interested in a special gift for a baby girl! I snapped a quick photo of the bottom of the hat, but I don't have it finished, nor do I have a baby model. Such is life, eh?


And if anyone was interested in my dieting so far, I weighed myself yesterday after 20 days of a strict regime and I've lost 14 pounds.

Sooooo a million more to go! Yay Me!

21 comments:

John Pender said...

Congrats on 14!
And that green hat makes you look like an elf.

Steam Me Up, Kid said...

HOLY SHIT! 14 POUNDS!! Congratulations!! That's amazing!!! Honestly. holy shit.

Also, I'm in for some fingerless gloves with cutie pie buttons and matching hat. I'll email you.

Mr. Condescending said...

You do nice work! Really nice, seriously they all look so soft.

Logical Libby said...

Um, what are you doing that you have lost 14 pounds? I wanna lose 14 pounds.

I also want that cute baby hat. Where do I sign up? I will send you a pic of Meg modeling it and everything...

Unknown said...

so yea. i totally need a hat with ear flaps and matching hand warmers! ah!

erin said...

John: I love elves. And elves love me.

Becky: email received and replied to.

Mr: Thank you. I love this new yarn!

Libs: email and I'll hook you up. with the hat info AND dieting crap.

marcia, marcia, marcia: ok do you like the red and white?

miss. chief said...

i really like those fingerless gloves! nice

Anonymous said...

14 pounds?! What diet are you on crack and diet sprite?! I want to hire you to 'coach' me.

adrienne said...

congrats!

i love the little posies.

Vic said...

I can't wait until my hat and scarf arrive! They look so great, Erin! (I'll think up a reason to ground my daughter and take her laptop. She'll never know....:)

Also, I'm totally impressed by the weight loss. I think I know where those fourteen pounds went. Can I send them back to you?

Mwa said...

14 pounds in 20 days? You need to urgently do a DETAILED post on the particulars of that diet. Or sell the secret for a LOT of cash.

You made me laugh with the Santa bit.

erin said...

miss: thanks. I put alot of work into the detailing. It was a challenge.

Prosy: I guess I'll be doing a diet post tomorrow! Me and Steamy already had a pow wow...and then she paid me with sex.

adrienne: I love those little flowers. I know how to make a million different kinds and I still make those ones.

Vic: ha. I'm sure she wouldn't happen upon a blog where a fat chick talks about hats, kids and weight loss.

Mwa: I've been working hard. It's ridiculous actually. I had to watch everyone scarf down pizza at a birthday party on Friday. Upsetting, to say the least. I'll post a dieting post tomorrow!

Alyson said...

Congrats. That's a big accomplishment. :O)

ladytruth said...

I laughed so much while reading your first few paragraphs that my throat hurt even more now. So thanks! ;)

Jeez, woman! 14 pounds?! Well done! Just stop when you realize that noise is actually the bones of your fingers type type typing away on your keyboard.

I have something for you over at my blog :)

Savvy-Motherhood said...

HOW LOVELY these hats are!
Congrats on your recent loss!! You go girl! I have lost 25 and yes a MILLION more to go too. ;)

Old Knudsen said...

100% Peruvian Wool huh? made from real Peruvians? Old Knudsen approves.

14 LBS is good Old Knudsen is losing weight by drinking up his money and getting the flu ah the things we do for beauty.

http://howtobecomeacatladywithoutthecats.blogspot.com said...

Hi Erin! Thanks for stopping by and joining in the fun over at the CatLady's house. Now that I'm here, I'm going to have to backtrack through your posts & find out what your magic trick is for losing 14 pounds! Way to go. I don't even want to think about how many I have to lose. (And sitting around blogging all day isn't helping!) Great hats, BTW. And I love the fingerless mittens. I have some a friend made me and they're great for Upstate New York winters... inside my cold house!

Little Ms Blogger said...

14 Pounds in 20 days - that is AWESOME! Are you doing any kind of special exercise regime?

Petit fleur said...

Diggin you! Congrats on your loss.

What a great post!

kara said...

those are all beautiful. and feel free to use the face's order to show off too, if you want. he LOVES the hat...not sure what he's supposed to do with the gloves. he's clever, though, he'll figure it out.

Chief said...

try not to think of how much there is to lose. If I thought of the 70 lbs ahead, I would give up!