Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Shocking News about the State of Her Carpets

I'm still around the newly dubbed The Pink Factor (i love pink, kara...deal with it) and there will be a few more excellent guest posters this week, so don't forget to check them all out!

OK, so I'm a pretty clean person. I went through a stage in my life where I was a super lazy mess. Now I've got my act together and I've pretty much taken it to the other extreme.

So when Jeremiah and I purchased a new sweeper this weekend, I had no idea that the resulting mess was going to be like this:



First of all, Jeremiah looks like a supermodel here.
Second What The Hell is up with all that shit?!?!? This was just from him sweeping the downstairs and the steps too. I guess my old sweeper wasn't doing anything AT ALL? I'm in complete shock looking at these photos.

Max and Elijah are cute.


Elijah looks like he's really waiting for someone to talk to him in that first photo. The look on his face is that mix of still expectant but yet becoming disappointed.


New design! I love this little baby hat. I wish I made it big enough for me. But alas, it's just a wee baby hat. Sized 6-12 months. This hat will be on sale here for $14 for one week, then I'll be putting it in my etsy shop for $18. If you want it or any other order, please contact me by email. Custom orders will currently take 12-16 days for ordering supplies and completion.



I'll be offering one sale a week until I get too busy with custom orders (hopefully) so look out for some deals.

24 comments:

Logical Libby said...

Are you missing a cat? Because I think it is in the sweeper...

Kristine said...

Wait...sweeper? You mean vacuum? Is this kind of like when some people say "pop" instead of soda?

Anonymous said...

Our sweeper looks the same. It's so gross.

We live right outside of Baltimore by the way. We got addicted to the wire a few months back and watched every episode we could get our hands on. The city of Baltimore is nice, however there are areas you do not want to be at night. There are areas just like the show that should always avoid. It just is not all bad but The Wire did a pretty good job with their portrayal.

Alyson said...

I'm with Kristine. Vacuum? Haha.

adrienne said...

i NEED that sweeper...yeah, what IS a sweeper, anyway?

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

That is a crazy amount of dirt. I know you have kids so we can't expect perfect cleanliness but YIKES!! I am in no position to judge but maybe Cuddles there could use a quick brush. Just because you live in a dirt shack thats no reason to look shabby.

erin said...

To Everyone: It's a sweeper. I don't know if I've ever referred to a sweeper as a vacuum, I guess it must be a pop/soda type deal.

I don't have a cat and I usually sweep the whole house once a week and sweep the downstairs 2 or 3 times. So like I said, I was SHOCKED.

Chelle said...

SWEET MERCIFUL CRAP.

I lived in squalor for a year or two as well, but I blame the hillbilly assface I was then married to. Since he left, the pig pen has magically disappeared. Go. Figure.

I also find inspiration/phobic paranoia of germs from watching an episode or two of how clean is your house when I'm feeling lazy. Also, I get to judge others and that's very cathartic and makes me feel better than everyone.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

We bought one of those new bagless vacs last year. It's is truly disgusting seeing what come up out of the carpets and rugs isn't it.

Mwa said...

Sweeper? Really? But surely there's no sweeping - there's sucking. Brooms sweep.

Love the baby hat, by the way.

Samantha said...

First of all, that is like the best title ever. Second--what is a sweeper? Is that some kind of midwestern term of endearment? And what is all that crap in the photo? Skin particles? I'm fascinated.

Petit fleur said...

What is your new sweeper?? Next time, I want one of those.

Love the hat... I am going this weekend to Etsy and order some. They're beautiful.

pf

LoveAndBooze said...

So, what is the new sweeper that you bought? I need a new one and now that I see THAT mess, I need a good one!

kara said...

FINE!

that grey stuff looks like pudding. grey. fluffy. pudding.

ok, maybe i've never seen pudding.

John Pender said...

Sweeper? Where the hell are you from again?
Sure you didn't lose a kid in that thing?

Anonymous said...

People in Louisville KY call tossel caps......are you ready for this....toboggans. That's a sled! And you sweep? You? Really? That's my job! You worsh dishes and maybe I take you to No. 1 china restaurant.

Pop and Ice said...

Not sure what a sweeper is but it sure collected a ton of stuff. Looks like it was a good purchase! And, no, I will not talk about the state of my stairs or floors!

mylittlebecky said...

i mean, gross and fascinating at the same time! now i need to get a new vacuum. ours is old, old, old!

excited about my hat! :)

Ms. Moon said...

1. What kind of a sweeper IS that?
2. Jeremiah is cuter than cute.
3. So are your kids.
4. So is your hat.
5. So are you.

erin said...

To Everyone that asked: It's a Bissel. It was on sale at Walmart and ended up $45 cheaper than the one we originally were heading there to purchase.

Kara: It took me until today to realize what you were 'FINE' ing about.

Jeremiah: I'm home all day every day for hours on end...you don't think I also sweep. And I 'm pretty sure you're making that toboggan shit up. I love you baby!
Becks: I started work on it last night. It's nice and big...I'll be putting the buttons on your neckwarmer and steamy's gloves some time today. I got some super cute buttons in the mail yesterday!

Ms.Moon: Thank You.

Alyson said...

I call those hats toboggans.......

Snake Charmer said...

thats soo funny- u call it a sweeper :D and that hat is super awesome

Tots said...

You had carpet in the title and no hoo hoo joke.

Man, I missed out.

With five kids we have the "Living Lint" problem too.

I am thinking we just need grey carpet.

Lindsey said...

You just solidified my excuse for not wanting to have sex on the carpet.