Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Roller Coasters are for Dorks

I love Jeremiah's family. They're all smart, funny and active. Three of my favorite human traits. I say human because I prefer my aliens to be dumb, humorless and very very lazy.

My favorite member of Jeremiah's extended family is his one and only niece, Haley. She's a excellent little girl and looks a lot like Elijah. Every time they're together I'm struck with the notion that Haley and Elijah look more alike than Elijah and his own sisters.

The other night Jeremiah's brother sent us an email with a youtube video of their crazy jumping cats. I scrolled quickly through his videos and found this one of Haley's first roller coaster ride. I laughed and laughed and laughed. I showed my mom the next day and she laughed and laughed and laughed. We're of the opinion that it's funnier than most America's Funniest Home Video nonsense. Without further adieu:





She's looking over at her Momma and her Grandma on the other roller coaster. It seems like she's either cheered by the sight of them or she's trying to put on a brave face for them. Adorable and hilarious all at once.

I'm hoping to put more blankeys in my shop and on sale here very soon! Everyone will have to give their opinions on the colors I'm using, etc...etc...

Till then, sweet readers....I bid you good day. Or some shit like that.

12 comments:

Maura Kathleen said...

Absolutely love the video of Haley. I honestly couldn't stop laughing for about two minutes. =)

Tony said...

That video was hilarious! I love how at first she looks nervous yet excited, and as soon as they go down, her excited look turns into a look of fear. Funny stuff

Forever your girl said...

I didn't realize you were a pittsburgher too!!!!
The racer was my nine-year-old nieces first roller coaster this past summer. She followed it up with the Jack Rabbit, but decided that the last dip was a little too much for her.
Precious!

Kim said...

This is exactly how I look on a roller coaster. Even the small ones.

Anonymous said...

I love the mixture between excited happy face and pure terror face

Ally said...

That was totally awesome! Like fake loving it. Ha ha. I felt sick just watching the ride. I can't believe as a kid I loved roller coasters.


Tales Of A Fourth Grade Nothing

miss. chief said...

I liked how she kind of looked like she was going to throw up a hundred times, and also like it was SO MUCH FUN at other times. Hilarious!

John Pender said...

Too funny! And I love the "I can't believe that just happened" look at the end.

Steam Me Up, Kid said...

I was here earlier today, and I wrote "She really ran the roller coaster of emotions during that ride!" and then I backspaced and shot myself in the head from the shame of it all.

And now I'm back to tell you about it.

I love when she reaches out as the two coasters pass though. So cute.

Bethany said...

Oh my gosh, thanks for sharing this. It's SO PERFECT. I think that's how I feel through most of the day.
She is cute cute cute.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Fan-freakin'-tastic.

Angela Christensen said...

That Haley video is roll-on-the-floor funny, and your blog is a delight. You have new fans at Eat Here!