Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My Celebrity Buddies: We're Just Friends.

This week's posts will all be re-posts about Jeremiah or new posts about Jeremiah, in honor of his 33rd Birthday on the 23rd.

Jeremiah is convinced that if I like an actor or musician it means that I want to sleep with that person. I don't ever think about all the different sexual things I would do to the famous people I like (I'm assuming automatically connecting sexual acts with members of the opposite sex is a common thing? What's wrong with you people?), I rather think about how awesome it would be to hang out with them.

Here are some of my famous 'friends'-

Dennis Quaid. I think Jeremiah is suspicious that I have a crush on him. But to set Jeremiah's fears to rest, having sex with Mr. Quaid is not on the list of things I would like to do with him. Playing ping pong is. Can you imagine how fun it would be to play ping pong with Dennis Quaid? He has such an awesome laugh and a enigmatic smile. I'm all about smiles. Oh AND Cranium. I bet Dennis Quaid would be an excellent Cranium partner!

Crispin Glover. Ok. I know he's creepy. But if you look back throughout your childhood and teenage years, some of your best and most loyal friends were probably also a bit creepy. I saw Crispin on Chelsea Lately the other night and though it was an uncomfortable encounter, I saw definite potential in him as a bud. He's definitely a video gaming friend! Or! Even better! A karaoke video gaming friend. I think I nailed that one down perfectly.

Ben Folds. I know, I know. I talk about him a bit. He would definitely be the type of friend you'd go on bike rides with. When you took a break from the bike rides you could wax philosophic about your childhoods, your historical theories about Hitler or the existence of Giants in Ancient Gaul, he'd be thoughtful and make fun of you at the same time.

Marlon Brando. I know Brando died in July of 2004, I've just always felt that he would have been a friend of mine. Sure, he seemed tortured, self absorbed, kind of ego maniacal in nature...but I can see beyond all of that. He'd fly you to some beach, but you wouldn't be afraid he was trying to get in your pants...I have a feeling he'd screwed himself out of commission by the time I was born. He'd talk about his amazing life, the movies he's made, the people he has known and the tragedies he's experienced. He wouldn't listen to a word you would say in response, he would just go on and on and on. And I know I would love every second of it, how about you?

Falcor. You have to believe me on this one, right Jeremiah? I would not want to have sex with Falcor from The Neverending Story. I would, however, want him to fly me all over the world, perched high atop his glorious white and scaly back. FALCOOOORRRRRRRRRR!

Gabriel Byrne. I heard him tell a story about a huge scar he has on his right side on some late night talk show. He said he was in some dive bar on the coast in Ireland and got in a brawl with a bunch of sailors. Whoever was interviewing him said something like, 'I guess you lost the fight.' Gabriel Byrne looked at the interviewer completely seriously and said, 'You should have seen the other guys.' So that right there explains why he would be a good friend. He'll take a shiv for you in a bar fight and keep on going at it! Plus, he's Irish.

If you enjoyed this post and it's pop-culture-ness, check me and the other writers at SPROCKET INK. We're here to amuse. And not just because 80% of us are kind of weird looking.

4 comments:

TILTE said...

this is the first time i've ever noticed the similarities between falcor and my old pup, kosmo (seen here).
http://thingsiliketoeatandothernonsense.blogspot.com/2010/09/kosmo.html

it's uncanny, actually.

Angela Christensen said...

Okay, Jeremiah knows about TV Boyfriends, right? Because long-together people have 'em and are able to laugh about 'em. For the record, last summer during the Tour de France I announced to my Dear Old Person (to whom I've been married more than 20 years)that bike racer Fabian Cancellara was my TV boyfriend. This meant I thought he was cute. It meant he might be my Gabriel Byrne (though admittedly less cranial). And because we have been together so long, he rolled his eyes indulgently and laughed. Jeremiah should laugh. It's so obvious that you love him as deep as the road is long.
Love, love.

Tom said...

I knocked Tom Cruise down in a bar in moab, his bodyguards are scary.
I get quizzed all time about actress types, and honestly.
I would rather ride falcor.

OKinUK said...

You're too damn cute! Ping pong? PERFECT! Cranium? So fluffy I'm gonna die!

I'd be all like Honey from Notting Hill if Drew Barrymore walked into the store I work at.