Thursday, August 19, 2010

Me and Kiefer Down By the School Yard

I'm ashamed to say that I've been ignoring my friend Kiefer's network efforts for many years. About nine years, actually.

I've never seen 24.

I've seen a lot of the movies Kiefer was in since 24 aired on t.v., so I'm not altogether a disloyal bitch.

But mostly, I am.

Sorry bud.

Last night I redeemed myself by staying up to 3 a.m. watching 24 on netflix instant. Now I'm trying to figure out how I can keep Elijah busy so I can watch 24 all day today as well. I'm sure he won't appreciate the awesomeness of Jack Bauer. Especially if it took me, one of Kiefer's biggest fans, almost ten years to watch even one episode.

So instead of bogarting the t.v. all day long I've been trying to come up with reasons I haven't watched 24 before now.

  • I'm a big fan of instant gratification. I kind of wish I would have waited to watch Lost on netflix instant instead of watching it week to week and wincing in pain at the 'Duh-Duh' noise at the end of every aggravatingly vague episode. Then again, I probably would have spent a whole week in front of the t.v.
"Just one more episode, kids...I'll feed you after, I promise..."

  • I saw some commercials for 24 throughout the years and I remember being so pissed off at how much Jack's wife and his 'girlfriend' at work, Nina, look exactly alike. That was such unfortunate casting and as much as I really enjoyed watching hours 12a.m.-5a.m. last night, I was still super pissed at those women and their similar appearances.
  • Jeremiah and I weren't together in 2001 when the show aired. I wasn't all that interested in watching much t.v. before Jeremiah and I were together (except for the X-Files!). Don't get me wrong, I watched t.v., just not loyally or with any great interest. When Jeremiah and I started seeing each other we begun to watch shows together and watching a series seemed so much more worthwhile. Mainly because we could rip apart every episode and talk about it for hours. We've seen Lost, The Wire, True Blood Seasons 1 and 2 Dexter Seasons 1-3, Stargate: SG1, Stargate: Atlantis...etc..etc...
Speaking of Jeremiah...today is Thursday, which means I must (I must!) post embarrassing photos of him. Hmmm...Let's see.

Last week I posted this lovely photo of my adored lifepartner.

This week's photos:


And my personal favorite, "Shoot-Ah!":

11 comments:

Sada said...

But can you watch an entire season of 24 in 24 hours? I think someone needs to do this.

Missy said...

I gave up on Lost the first season and I am not quick enough to keep up with 24...

TILTE said...

hey- i love your new summertime photo! you look like a beach babe!

Tony said...

One of the reasons I quit watching Lost after the third season was because of the gosh darn cliffhangers. But it always takes you back...just like that son of a bitch island.

Anyway, I've never seen 24. I'm really not all that into tv, but damn it, I'm starting to get into Glee a lot. I must have a thing for shows with four letters and cry baby male leads.

Does Jack Bauer cry a lot? If so, I might consider watching 24

Nicole said...

24...it will pull you in! I didn't start watching it until 2 or 3 seasons in and then I was hooked. But, I haven't see the last season or 2. Don't really know why I lost interest...

Miss Yvonne said...

Gosh darn it but your man is cute. I want to pinch his cheeks.

The ones on his face. Just to clarify.

cfoxes33 said...

I have every season of 24. That is/was my totally favorite show. My kids knew that when 9 pm on Monday's rolled around, I would not put them to bed, I would not tolerate anything for that hour.

My daughter kept telling me...obsess much?

Sue said...

A couple of summers ago I watched several seasons of 24 on DVD back to back to back. I was on 24 overload, but I wanted to get caught up. I loved it, but this past year I gave it up...just couldn't seem to fit it in or when I could, I didn't want to think that hard!

steff said...

i didn't start watching 24 when it first premiered either. it wasn't until i got together with my fiance' (who is a HUGE 24/all things Kiefer fan) that we sat and basically watched the 1st season of 24 in 24 hours. the first 4 or so seasons had me. after that? i would just read a book while he watched it bc it was just so far from the show it originally started as i couldn't bear to waste those hours of my life anymore.
ANYWAY...
i love your blog. i've seen you pimped on a few other blogs i read for a while now and i'm kicking myself for not coming over here sooner. your etsy stuff is so SO adorable, so i am now stalking you there, on twitter and in my news feed.
i just figured i'd let you know in ADVANCE that im stalking you, unlike most stalkers who don't get the change to introduce themselves until they are face to face with you in a courtroom.

Mom said...

You had me at "X-files!" I was a huge fan, too. And then "24" as well.

Funny pix of your husband! LOL

Life...EXAGGERATED

Ange said...

I am your newest stalker. Not sure how I found you, but I am staying because anyone willing to post embarrassing pictures of their partner is someone I am a fan of.

Ange
www.nameswontbechanged.blogspot.com