Today's post is going to be a homage to her, of sorts.
LIFE LESSONS FROM MY MOMMA:
- Scott toilet paper is the only toilet paper you should ever buy.
- Don't talk about bombs in the airport.
- Make your bed every morning, it's a good start for your day.
- Shower at night, then sleep-in in the morning.
- Do as I say, not as I do.
She also didn't want us to swear. Which she did, fairly often. My mom has a dirty mouth.
- Think about what you're going to say before you say it.
- Breastfeed your baby, no matter how hard it is.
- If it's not at least a little bit hard, it's not worth doing.
Things that my mother taught me that are not true:
- Tom Cruise is hot.
- Patrick Swayze is hot.
- The Other Sister, Radio and I Am Sam are the best movies of all time.
- My pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are gross.
- It's smart to vote straight ticket Democrat (or straight ticket anything for that matter).
- It's ok to be a fair weather Steeler fan. (We should all bleed Black and Gold all season long!)
- Lifetime movies are awesome.